Overview: Adding Your Picture to Lync
To give you contacts and fellow collaborators a more personal touch you can add your picture to Lync using a web URL to an existing picture.
Unfortunately for MAC users the adding the picture is not available in that client. To add the picture you will need to be using the Windows 2013 Lync client. It is available for download on our secure portal and you can use it temporarily to add the picture. Your picture also needs to be less than 200kb and on a website that doesn’t require a password.
If adding a Picture using Office 365/Exchange your desktop integration between the Lync Client and Exchange must be fully functional.
Adding a Picture Using the Web URL
1. Log in to the Lync 2013 Windows client
2. Go to Settings , then Tools, Options
3. Click on My Picutre
4. Check the radio button “Show a picture from a website”
5. Copy and Paste a URL for an Internet photo in the space provided
6. Click Connect to Picture – if successful your picture will show up in the Preview on this page
7. Click OK
How to Add a Picture
There are many different places you are able to pull your picture from such as Facebook, Linkedin, and Google. In my example, I used Linkedin. To locate the picture, I browsed to my public profile, right clicked on the picture and clicked Copy Shortcut. I then pasted that shortcut into the picture web address field in Lync.
Adding a Picture Office 365/Exchange
- On the My Picture tab in Lync Check the radio button “Show my picture”
- Click the “Edit or Remove Picture” button (this will re-direct you to the Office 365 login page
- Login using your Outlook credentials
- Click the button to Add or change your picture.
- Click Save
- Close the browser