Thursday October 3, 2013
ConnectSolutions Rolls Out CoSo TeamUP “Instant-On Lync” Unified Communications for Emerging Companies
CoSo TeamUP and CoSo Connect offer ready-to-go and custom communication and collaboration solutions to fit the needs of SMBs to large enterprises
SAN FRANCISCO – October 3, 2013 — ConnectSolutions, a provider of hosted enterprise-class unified communications (UC) technologies for small business, enterprise and government, announced today the roll-out of CoSo TeamUP Premium, the first “instant-on” enterprise-class, unified communications offering for emerging mid-market companies. ConnectSolutions also announced that the new CoSo TeamUP product naming architecture is replacing the NextUC line of Microsoft Lync-based products, and that CoSo Connect is the new family name for its Adobe Connect product line. ConnectSolutions gives companies the unique advantage of working with one vendor for any size or best-of-breed UC solution.
Survey Results Pointed to Market Gap
A recent ConnectSolutions survey of approximately 300 organizations found that IT executives and managers in companies ranging from 50-250 employees believe there is a significant gap in the UC marketplace. Large UC providers such as traditional phone carriers were too complex and costly for this group while other low-cost providers offered only pieces of a unified communication solution. Rather than take a one-size fits all approach, ConnectSolutions decided to offer more choices to high growth business customers just as it does for its large enterprise and government customers.
“Within a few minutes, small companies can easily get started with CoSo TeamUP Complete — a ready-to-go version of the CoSo solution,” said Tim Hansen, VP Sales at ConnectSolutions. “As businesses scale, they can easily migrate to CoSo TeamUP Premium or CoSo TeamUP Custom. This eliminates the cost of switching providers while enabling companies to scale their collaboration and communications service quickly.”
The ConnectSolutions survey also found that IT executives and managers at companies with 50-plus employees valued UC security and dependability the most, followed by cost performance. Technical support and ease of deployment were priorities too.
“We see tremendous demand for Adobe Connect and Microsoft Lync delivered via the CoSo MeetingCloud – which addresses two fundamental challenges organizations have historically faced: embracing best-in-class technology with low cost and risk deployments,” said Hansen.
With its hosted platform, ConnectSolutions levels the playing field for SMBs as their IT environments and business models become more distributed, requiring more investment in IT infrastructure and skills.
“Until now only the largest companies were able to afford enterprise-class unified communications due to the expense of on-premise implementations, equipment purchases and the IT commitment required,” said ConnectSolutions’ CEO and co-founder Michael Fitzpatrick. “Our data shows the powerful impact that unified communication has on business productivity, and we have made it our mission to make UC solutions available in a form factor that any company can consume and embrace.”
CoSo TeamUP enables SMBs to start using Microsoft Lync in five minutes or less. Individuals and organizations can choose from four offerings:
- CoSo TeamUP Basic for instant messaging, rich presence management, PC-to-PC voice, video and Web conferencing attendance. Integrates with Microsoft Office365 and other presence management systems that support Open Federation.
- CoSo TeamUP Complete provides instant access to the full power of Microsoft Lync 2013 with enterprise voice enabled so there is no need for a server on site. Includes business class telephone and voicemail (unified messaging), video conferencing, audio conferencing, instant messaging from anywhere in the world. Available on smart phones, tablets or PCs.
- CoSo TeamUP Premium meets the needs of high-growth, emerging companies for a comprehensive and affordable UC hosted service that rapidly scales. Provides the benefits of TeamUP Complete’s automation and instant access with product enhancements such as live telephone service, enhanced Quality of Service (QoS), contact center, select third party application integration and more.
- CoSo TeamUP Custom designed to support the needs of enterprise and government organizations that are mandated to meet requirements such as HIPAA, SOX or other compliancy; audit reviews like SOC2, SSAE16 or ISAE 3402, or complex application integrations. Onshore enablement and support services provide additional assurance of successful adoption, implementation and ongoing service experiences for the CoSo TeamUP Custom client.
ConnectSolutions deploys Adobe® Connect™ and other best-of-breed applications on a secure, reliable, and scalable proprietary platform newly renamed CoSo Meeting Cloud. ConnectSolutions is the only company that combines a world-class private-cloud infrastructure with an enterprise managed services team specializing in the Web conferencing and UC needs of large enterprise organizations and government agencies.
- CoSo Connect Standard offers a global private cloud deployment of Adobe Connect that combines the value proposition of Infrastructure-as-a-Service in addition to enterprise-class deployment options and flexibility not normally found outside of on-premise deployments.
- CoSo Connect Enterprise includes all of the features enterprises use to ensure seamless integrations and rapid adoption of a global private cloud deployment of Adobe Connect.
- CoSo Connect Secure provides enterprise-class deployment options and flexibility that builds on the CoSo Enterprise feature set.
Pricing and Availability
ConnectSolutions is the leading managed-cloud provider of unified communications (UC) solutions for small business, enterprise and government. ConnectSolutions MeetingCloud™ platform delivers an innovative, scalable cloud service that lowers total cost of UC ownership. We are the trusted provider of eLearning, collaboration and communication solutions that are reliable and secure. At ConnectSolutions, we ensure your success through essential architecture, adoption, and support services. For more information, visit www.connectsolutions.com
Julia A. Glenister
The JAG Wire Group